As we get started on this Thanksgiving Break week, I wanted to remind you about a number of things:
1) The last day of Adjustment is Tuesday, November 22 at 5 p.m. Make sure to submit ranked enrollment requests for courses you want, and check your credit analysis to make sure that you will not be oversubscribed and will meet graduation requirements by the end of the spring semester.
2) The last day to withdraw from a semester or second-quarter is Friday, December 2, which is the Friday after classes resume.
Consult with your profs about where you are in each course and talk with your faculty advisor if you are thinking about a withdrawal. Make sure that it will not put you in an untenable credit situation or jeopardize you completing your major.
You can pick up a withdrawal form from my office or the Registrar’s or print one out from the Student Affairs website under Useful Forms. Get the signature of your instructor and faculty advisor before mine (the class dean signs last).
3) The last day of classes is Friday, December 9, followed by the reading period, with exams beginning Tuesday, December 13 at 7 p.m. and ending on Saturday, December 17. (Hard to believe you will have finished with your last fall semester as an undergrad at Wesleyan!)
4) Housing closes at noon on Sunday, December 18. ResLife says:
Seniors living in woodframes: If you would like to stay in your wood frame house at any point during the break, you must register by Saturday, December 17, with Residential Life.
Seniors in apartments or non-woodframe residences: Students who are approved to remain on-campus are international students, approved winter athletes, or have valid on-campus employment or special circumstances. The only students approved to return for research are seniors working on their thesis, and the application for early return was due on Friday, November 18, 2016.
5) Plan now for the last two weeks of classes and finals, and carve out some time over break for reconnection and rejuvenation. You will need to be ready to go when classes resume on November 28. After three years of fall semesters, you know how these last few weeks fly by!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns, and know that I am always happy to meet with you.
Have a good Thanksgiving! Best, Dean Brown