Reposted from 1.21 email
Welcome to the spring term of your senior year! I hope you had a wonderful break and you’re ready to go.
Below is some helpful information as we move toward Commencement. If you have questions about graduation requirements, total credits earned, oversubscription, or anything else about this semester, please do not hesitate to contact me. My drop-in hours are the same, so come on by.
1) Review your Credit Analysis Report NOW and understand how many credits you still need for graduation. Click for more information on minimum requirements. Are you oversubscribed? Click here for more information on oversubscription. You want to be sure to graduate in May, so please be in touch with your advisor and/or with me if you have any questions.
2) Complete your Major Certification Form. The major certification form found in your eportfolio under “Academic Career” Bucket will be certified by your faculty advisor that you have completed the major(s). Be sure to complete your portion of the form.
3) I’ll be sending information out soon about the process to select the Senior Student Commencement Speaker.
4) If you have incomplete(s), the deadline is tomorrow (Thursday, January 22 at 5:00 p.m.) or as your instructor has indicated. If you have any questions, please let me know.
5) As I noted in the fall, here However, here are the nuts and bolts of Graduation Requirements:
· satisfactory completion of a major
· satisfactory completion of 32.00 course credits with no oversubscription*
· minimum of 16.00 credits earned at Wesleyan or in Wesleyan-sponsored programs;
· cumulative average of 74.00 or higher;
· minimum of six semesters in residence at Wesleyan as a full-time student for those who entered in the first year**
· minimum of five semesters for students entering as full-time first-semester sophomores**
· minimum of four semesters for students entering as full-time midyear sophomores or junior transfers**
*Oversubscription: This term is used to reflect credits that are more than the maximum allowed to count toward graduation. For example, a maximum of 16.00 credits may be counted in any one department.
**Full-time status at Wesleyan means enrollment in at least 3.00 credits (with a normal course load being 4.00 credits in any given semester). Any semester in which a grade is given is counted as a Wesleyan semester for purposes of graduation.
You may also need to complete your General Education expectations. For example, a student who does not meet these expectations by the time of graduation will not be eligible for University honors, Phi Beta Kappa, honors in general scholarship, or for honors in certain departments and may not declare more than a combined total of two majors, certificates, and minors.