Feed on

Monthly Archive for January, 2016

Practicing Democracy has a few spots available this spring. It meets on Thursdays from 1:10-4, and is a 1.5 credit class. The course is taught by Mary Hannah Henderson, a visiting professor. Yesterday, she answered a few questions for me about who this course would be a good fit for, and why she is excited to…

The annual Draper Competition for Collegiate Women Entrepreneurs is hosted and organized by the Center for Women and Financial Independence, Smith College’s initiative devoted to the support of innovation and entrepreneurship. Last year, three Wesleyan students made it to the trade show round!  The competition is designed to give undergraduate entrepreneurs an experience that will…

SHOFCO Summer Institute

Kennedy Odede ’12 is one of Africa’s best- known community organizers and social entrepreneurs. Kennedy lived for twenty- three of his thirty years in the Kibera Slum, the largest slum in Africa, where he experienced the devastating realities of life in extreme poverty first hand. Still, he dreamed about changing his community. He saved 20…

Throughout my four years here at Wesleyan, I have always been thinking about how to make my coursework reflect my future interests and goals. With this thought in mind, I worked to create a semester schedule that reflects my academic as well as personal interests. Realistically, some classes require much more work than others, and […]

Derrick Holman ’16 was selected to receive an Enrichment Grant from the Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship. With this grant, he attended the Landmark Forum, a personal reflection and development training, over winter break. You can read Derrick’s reflection below, read past grantee reflections here, and visit the PCSE website to learn more about all of our grant programs. I was…

1 Year Out is an interview series highlighting alumni from the classes of ’14 and ’15 who are engaged in public service, entrepreneurship, or nonprofit work in any capacity- through their employment, a volunteer position, or on the side.  So tell me about your life 1 Year Out of Wesleyan! It has been both wonderful and…

Thursday (Feb 4), 12:00-12:45pm Spirituality Lounge at the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life 169 High Street, 2nd floor You are invited to enjoy some pizza and learn more about the first Wesleyan interfaith spring break service trip!!!!  This trip will go from March 14-19 and will involve service work, community building, and spiritual reflection […]

New Minor in African Studies!

The African Studies Faculty Cluster is pleased to announce the new African Studies minor!  Our current course cluster has been very successful with students, many of whom already pursue academic research, thesis projects, and career internships related to Africa.  As you think about courses for this semester and your Wesleyan careers, please keep this new and […]

The first of three panels on the Syrian refugee crisis will occur next week: The Development of the Crisis and the Response in Europe Robert Ford, former U.S. Ambassador to Syria Marcie Patton, Fairfield University Professor of Politics Bruce Masters, Wesleyan Department of History Moderator: Richard Grossman, Wesleyan Professor of Economics Wednesday, February 3, […]

Spring ’16 Student Forums

For information about student forums that are being offered this semester, check out: https://wesfiles.wesleyan.edu/departments/Reg/StudentForums/Public/ApprovedStudentForums.pdf. Interested students should reach out to the student leader(s) to attend the class and sign the Student Forum Registration Roster. The student leader(s) must submit the completed roster to the Registrar’s Office by 5pm on the last day of Drop/Add. There […]

Next »