Feed on

Monthly Archive for October, 2015

by Anya Backlund, Exhibitions Coordinator / ICPP Coordinator Thanks to all our volunteers! Over 400 Middletown fourth graders visited Wesleyan this October from Bielefield Elementary School, Farm Hill School, Lawrence School, Macdonough School, Moody Elementary School, Wilbert Snow Elementary School, Bertrand E. Spencer Elementary School and Wesley Elementary School. Students had a rare chance to play […]

Six Tips for Studying Rubye Peyser Create a schedule: Put all major assessments for the rest of your semester into a calendar. If you use an online or computer calendar, have it send you a reminder a week before the exam/paper is due. This way, exams will not come as a surprise and you can […]

On Oct. 30, Wesleyan’s Neighborhood Preschool participated in the annual NPS Halloween Parade. The children, accompanied by their parents, teachers and care-takers, stopped at North College to sing songs and show off their costumes. Many trick-or-treaters are the children of Wesleyan faculty and staff.

Colorful campus, Oct. 29 at Wesleyan University. 

Wesleyan’s fall campus, Oct. 27. 

A peek inside Exley Science Center’s lounge, Oct. 27. 

As director of Wesleyan’s Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship, I work to support students who want to tackle the world’s pressing problems with innovative, disruptive, system-changing, scalable, sustainable solutions. In other words: to support entrepreneurs. Well, I have a confession. For a long time, I believed that most mission-driven students should not, in fact, innovate…

SC&A doesn’t just contain the textual and photographic record of Wesleyan’s history, we also have some sound recordings — from speeches and lectures to cds of recent student groups, such as the Wesleyan Spirits, the New Group and Quasimodal.  If your group has produced a cd, please consider depositing one copy with SC&A (for safekeeping) […]

I’ve been having a fantastic time living ten minutes from the beach, learning little bits of Zulu, eating as much cheap and delicious fruit as I can get my hands on, and – of course – doing lots science. I’ve been working with Prof Thumbi Ndung’u at the KwaZulu-Natal Research Institute for TB & HIV…

Wesleyan alumna and Patricelli Center board co-chair Lara Galinsky ’96 wrote to ENGAGE with this offer, asking us to share it with fellow grads in the Bay Area. Lara says that she has attended in the past and found this conference useful. And even better, we see Sid Espinosa ’94 on the confirmed speakers list…

Next »