“It’s been a long, strange trip for John Perry Barlow.
“He’s now revered as the guru who works to keep the Internet free and open for us all, but not long ago he was the lyricist behind one of the most popular, followed bands in the world—the Grateful Dead. …
“He co-founded the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an effort instrumental in working to protect the freedoms that we take for granted every time we go online and leave a comment, share a video or photograph, or write an article. Ever heard of the Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace? Barlow wrote it.”
Image: via Mobiledia.
Friendly URL: wesconnect.wesleyan.edu/news-20130115-john-perry-barlow
- A declaration of the independence of cyberspace
- The economy of ideas
- As SOPA looms, John Perry Barlow on ‘The Right to Know’
- Crowd funding the right to know
- Video: TEDxMarin – John Perry Barlow – The Right to Know
- Past events: San Francisco: The New Impact Economy
- This American Life: 74: Conventions
- Distinguished Alumni Awards
- The Guardian’s Open 20: fighters for internet freedom
- John Perry Barlow on Wikipedia
- Electronic Frontier Foundation