As the semester comes to a close, please take some time to consider your academic rights for Reading Period and Finals.
- Final exams (meaning comprehensive examinations covering materials from the course of the entire semester) can only be given during the formal exam period.
- In courses without a registrar-scheduled final examination, significant assignments such as final take-home exams, semester-long projects, and term papers must be due no sooner than the first day, and no later than the last day, of the exam period and preferably at the time slot reserved for the registrar-scheduled examination.
- Student organizations should not schedule retreats, programs or meetings that require student attendance during Reading Period.
- Departmental, program, and college activities that require student participation should not be held during Reading Period, with the exception of oral and written examinations covered by alternative exam calendars.
- If a student has three or more final examinations on one day, the student may request a rescheduled examination from one instructor.
For the full-written regulations for finals and reading period as well as other academic policies of the University please click here.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about Final Exams, Reading Period or other academic issues, please feel free to contact the WSA’s Academic Affairs Committee Chair or speak to any of your Academic Affairs Committee representatives.
Mari Jarris ’14
Chair ( email@example.com )
Aubrey Hamilton ’12
Vice-Chair ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Sam Ebb ’13
Representative (email@example.com )
Christian Hosam ’15
Representative ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Austin Dong ’15
Representative ( email@example.com )
Good luck and enjoy the last few weeks!
-The Academic Affairs Committee
Unofficial GPA Calculator