Feed on

Yearly Archive for 2010

Whether you are a big drinker or not (I’m not), New Year’s Eve is a great excuse to educate yourself about international customs and try something new. I’ve run across several tasty drinks on my culinary tour of the world (I’m cooking one meal for every country in the world at Global Table Adventure) Here’s […]

Dear Friends of the CFA, This spring, when you travel to the CFA, you’ll see the world. Well, some of it, at least. Vincent Mantsoe will bring his Paris-based company to perform a work that features South African dance traditions infused with contemporary street dance forms. California-based companies Viver Brasil and Hālau o Keikiali‘i will […]

Green Street has some fantastic gift ideas for the holidays, and what better way to share them with you than to the tune of “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.”  We hope this gives you some ideas and gets you into the holiday spirit.  After reading this, we hope you’ll check out our Facebook page to [...]

Green Street has some fantastic gift ideas for the holidays, and what better way to share them with you than to the tune of “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.”  We hope this gives you some ideas and gets you into the holiday spirit.  After reading this, we hope you’ll check out our Facebook page to [...]

Right in front of the Science Library Wednesday December 15, 2010 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Come keep your mind mentally active! Featuring a cereal bar, brownies, muffins and cookies. The MINDS Foundation is a new student-run NGO that has a persistent commitment to educating and providing resources to patients and families suffering from mental illness […]

Dennis Waring Ph.D ’82 has created a new video titled From Trash to Tunes, designed to teach children, families and educators the craft of making simple musical instruments from items around the house. The video introduces children to the science of sound and the history of musical instruments. Detailed demonstrations show how to construct more […]

Fifteen graduating seniors were elected into the Gamma chapter of Phi Beta Kappa Dec. 8.Phi Beta Kappa is the nation’s oldest academic honor society. Wesleyan’s PBK chapter elects only 12-15 students in the fall semester. Nomination and election of a student to PBK is based on: a G.P.A. of 93.00 or above; completion of Stage […]

Singer, Songwriter, cellist, and freelance writer Dan Charness ’10 ruminates on The Beatles, the topic of his honors thesis at Wesleyan, in the latest issue of theAtlantic.com. Forty years ago this month, the Fab Four broke up, and Charness offers his observations on the forces that drew them apart. This same week, he is also […]

Bossa Nova, a play by Kirsten Greenidge ’96, recently had its world premiere opening at the Yale Repertory Theatre in New Haven, where it runs through December 18. Greenidge’s play centers around Dee Paradis, a young African American  woman who struggles to define herself under the watchful eyes of her mother and her jazz-loving white […]

The Wesleyan community has been incredibly generous to and works closely with Amazing Grace. Please stop by before or after the President’s Holiday Party: St. Vincent de Paul, Middletown MEETING NEEDS, OFFERING HOPE Please join us for the GRAND OPENING of the AMAZING GRACE FOOD PANTRY 16 Stack St., Middletown Thursday, December 9th 4 – […]

Next »