Feed on

Monthly Archive for April, 2016

When asked about his favorite poem, Michael Rothenburg replied with “Hymnus Ad Patrem Sinensis” by Philip Whalen from The Collected Poems of Philip Whalen. Hymnus Ad Patrem Sinensis I praise those ancient Chinamen Who left me a few words, Usually a pointless joke or a silly question A line of poetry drunkenly scrawled on the…

Cap and Gown Loaner Program

The Cap and Gown Loaner Program is designed to assist students who are unable to purchase a cap and gown set for Commencement.  Priority is given to aid-eligible students. It should be noted that supplies are limited, and certain sizes may not be available. Any student who did not pre-register for a cap and gown […]

Dear Students The New Student Orientation program is now seeking performers for In the Company of Others 2016. This important peer theater piece is a central aspect of the New Student Orientation. In the Company of Others is a time when sophomores, juniors and seniors are able to share their experiences with new students in […]

Busy afternoon at Usdan University Center’s Huss Courtyard, April 28. #Wesleyan

Forty-six thesis and research students presented 36 posters during the Psychology Research Poster Presentation April 28 in Beckham Hall. The 10th annual event allowed the students to share their research and ongoing studies with peers and fac…

When asked about her favorite poem, Sarah Blake replied with “Etymology of an Untranslated Cervix” by Monica Ong from Silent Anatomies.   ETYMOLOGY of an UNTRANSLATED CERVIX In Rufumbira, the local language here in Kisoro, there is no word for cervix, and the word vagina is a shameful, dirt word, rarely uttered. -Erin Cox, MD This space…

Celebrating the legendary studio musicians of Jamaican popular music through personal photographs and interviews While singers, producers, and studio owners have become international icons, but many of the musicians who were essential to shaping the sound of Jamaican music have remained anonymous. Words of Our Mouth: Pioneering Musicians of Ska, Rocksteady, Reggae, and Dancehall, complete with…

Passes are on sale now for $30 at the Usdan box office, open Tuesday – Saturday from 10am-4:30pm– you can also charge passes to your student account. Tickets will be sold until Friday May 5th, so be sure to get them soon! You must have a Class of 2016 WesID to purchase a ticket. If […]

When asked about his favorite poem, Robert Fernandez replied with “I dwell in Possibility – (466)” by Emily Dickinson.   I dwell in Possibility – (466) I dwell in Possibility – A fairer House than Prose – More numerous of Windows – Superior – for Doors – Of Chambers as the Cedars – Impregnable of…

The last day to withdraw from full-semester and second-quarter classes for the Spring 2016 semester is Wednesday, April 27.  Completed forms are due in the Registrar’s Office by 5:00 p.m. and must include the following signatures: instructor, faculty advisor, and class dean. If you are thinking about withdrawing from a course: Do use this time to […]

Next »