Feed on

Monthly Archive for February, 2014

University Relations and the Career Center hosted Connect@Wes Feb. 28 on campus. The career advancement forum featured an array of experts — created for Wesleyan alumni and students.

During the event’s “Creating Connections,” workshop, students of all class years and interests were matched with Expert Advisors (recruiters and hiring managers as well as alumni and parent volunteers) for brief, one-on-one sessions.  Students introduced themselves and their backgrounds, and practiced their networking and presentation skills. Expert Advisors used their experience and expertise to critique what they heard and offered valuable insights on how the presentation might have been more effective.  This structured speed-networking event will allowed advisors to meet several students in a short period of time and allowed Wesleyan students to build professional relationships and connections while preparing to join the professional workforce in the future.

I’m not sure if I’m still acclimating to life back at Wes, or if from now on I will just have this forever-condition of not really clicking back in. I still feel weird about it. Perhaps since I took a semester to be in the real world (well, relatively, because being in Japan for study […]

URBAN JUSTICE CENTER – MENTAL HEALTH PROJECT Summer Undergraduate Internship 2014 Who Are We? The Mental Health Project of the Urban Justice Center is a team of attorneys, social workers and advocates dedicated to enforcing the rights of low-income New Yorkers with mental illness. We represent individual clients, bring class action lawsuits, and engage in community education […]

A gaggle of Canada geese took a gander at Wesleyan Feb. 28. Many basked in the sun near College Row. Canada geese are year round residents in Connecticut; these geese may be checking out the wide open Wesleyan lawns—a favorite habitat for feeding and breeding.

The Asian and Asian American Film Series continues this Monday, March 3, at 8pm in Powell Cinema with: Harana (directed by Benito BAUTISTA, 2012, Philippines/USA, 103 mins).  Harana is a long-abandoned Filipino courtship serenade, which originated in the Spanish colonial period. In this award-winning documentary, guitarist Florante AGUILAR returns to the Philippines from the US for the first time in twelve […]

Are you interested in planning this year’s Take Back the Night* Event to end sexual violence?  Students For Consent and Communication want you and your organizations to help make this year’s event the best yet!  Join us for lunch on Friday, February 28,    12-1PM    Wyllys 114  Bring your ideas, questions, comments!   We’ll bring the […]

“Standing on Sacred Ground”  Powell Family Cinema Saturday and Sunday, March 1 and 2 Join us for a chance to see and discuss four remarkable new documentaries that tell the story of a growing movement to defend human rights and restore the environment. Each film will be followed by a discussion with the filmmaker, Christopher […]

Professor Noah Isenberg New School for the Liberal Arts The near-forgotten emigre filmmaker Edgar G. Ulmer enjoyed a thirty-five year career as a director. Born in Olmutz (in what is today the Czech Republic) in 1904, and raised in Vienna, he first traveled to America in 1924 with Max Reinhardt’s theater company to help stage The […]

PUPPIES! And stuff

Firstly, this is pretty hysterical Hormones of Wes If you’re looking for some good, Wesleyan humor, this is exemplary. So mostly this posit is going to be about puppies, one in particular. I did do other stuff. Like go to sign house last and play with Kate and Daniel. And all the roomies. But most […]

Next »