Jan. 15, 2014 by Amy Bello
Enrollment is now open for Wesleyan Institute for Lifelong Learning Spring 2014 courses.
EXPLORING THE NATURAL HISTORY OF THE LOWER CONNECTICUT RIVER
Our full-day on the Connecticut River will include ample commentary on the history and ecology of the river, aboard the Riverquest cruiser. The trip will include visits to Selden Island and Gillette Castle with a picnic lunch (provided) on the grounds of Gillette Castle. Saturday, May 17, 2014 (raindate Sunday, May 18th) from 9:30am to 4:00pm. Cost of this trip is $125 per person. Space is limited.
In addition to the full-day course, several short courses are also being offered. These courses meet on the campus of Wesleyan University in Middletown. Classes are scheduled in the afternoon and early evenings. Parking is available and classrooms are accessible.
- RETURN JOURNEYS: SECOND-GENERATION AMERICANS EXPLORE “HOME” AND IDENTITY With Hila Yanai
- HOW TO GET INTO PRINT AND GET THE MOST OUT OF IT: A FREELANCER’S GUIDE TO PUBLISHING With Sarah Ruden
- THE NIBELUNGENLIED (SONG OF THE NIBELUNGS) with Herb Arnold
- THE POETRY OF MEMORY: A READING AND WRITING WORKSHOP with Sheila Murphy
- RETIREMENT AS REINVENTION with Jim Matschulat
- CAMILLE with Gay Smith
- CLARIFYING THE MYSTERIES OF THE SELF with Bill Roberts & Karl Scheibe
The Institute was chartered by Wesleyan University in 2009 to provide educational opportunities to members of the community outside of formal degree-granting programs. For more information or to register for a class, please visit www.wesleyan.edu/will or call (860) 685-2273.