Are you a leader passionate about healthy food, farms and kids?
Then we want you to be a FoodCorps Service Member! FoodCorps recruits talented leaders for a year of paid public service building healthy school food environments in limited-resource communities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
FoodCorps service members implement a three-ingredient recipe for healthy kids:
- TEACH children about what healthy food is and where it comes from
- BUILD and tend school gardens
- BRING quality local food into public school cafeterias
WHERE YOU’LL SERVE
As a service member, you will be placed with one service site for your year-long term. Service sites are community organizations that operate in partnership with one of our fifteen host sites, statewide organizations that help run FoodCorps in each of the places FoodCorps serves: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawai’i, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina and Oregon.
Funding permitting, we will be expanding into Georgia and Washington, D.C. for the 2014-2015 program year.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
For your year of full-time service, you are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- A $17,500 living allowance
- A $5,645 AmeriCorps Segal Education Award
- Student loan forbearance
- Health insurance
- Partial childcare reimbursements
- Training and mentorship
- Alumni network
- The experience of a lifetime!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Successful FoodCorps service members:
- Are passionate about building a healthier future for school children
- Are motivated to serve full-time in a limited resource community
- Have experience working in or studying food systems, agriculture, public health, education, community organizing, or public service
- Are seeking an opportunity to gain hands-in experience for their career
- Are committed to working hard in order to make a difference
The application for the 2014 – 2015 service year is open January 10, 2014 through March 30, 2014.We recommend that you read through all of the instructions on this website before filling out the application. The link to the application can be found here.
You can read more about our application process here.If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact Syed Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org.