A multidisciplinary piece titled The Living Newspaper by artist Liz Magic Laser ’03 will be showcased at the 2013 Fringe Festival in Philadelphia, running from September 5-22. The Living Newspaper, a series of installations, “seeks to investigate and alter the relationship between the media and the public.”
Films by Liz Magic Laser will be presented as part of The Alumni Show II on October 17 at Wesleyan University.
The following video is from The Digital Face, which “isolates and examines the studied body language of politicians”:
The following is from the 2013 Fringe Festival:
[ WORLD PREMIERE ] Expanding FringeArts’ entry into visual arts and social practice, three site-specific visual artist commissions comprise the world premiere This is Not Theater at Plays and Players Theatre. All The Sex I’ve Ever Had (Mammalian Diving Reflex) features autobiographical readings by senior citizens, while live focus groups interpret local news coverage for The Living Newspaper (Liz Magic Laser). Meanwhile, Navin Rawanchaikul will produce gigantic illustrative banners, a comic book and video portraits based on Plays and Players actors, directors and stagehands from the last 40 years.
Image: Billy Farrell/BFAnyc.com
Share this link: wesconnect.wesleyan.edu/news-20130814-liz-magic-laser
- The Alumni Show II
- Tickets on sale now for 2013 FringeArts Festival, running 9/5-22
- NYTimes: Liz Magic Laser’s Armory Show souvenirs
- ‘Muse: The Interview:’ Laser ’03 on the paradox of modern interviews
- Liz Magic Laser’s website
- The Armory Show: Artist commission – Liz Magic Laser
- Liz Magic Laser assumes the(poll) position
- Video: Watch Liz Magic Laser develop a piece
- Notable Alumni