Journalist Jonathan Bloom ’99 weighs in on the preliminary findings of the Food Waste Reduction Alliance. Jonathan is the author of American Wasteland: How America Throws Away Nearly Half of Its Food (and What We Can Do About It).
The Food Waste Reduction Alliance, an industry group of food manufacturers, retailers and restaurants studying waste, recently announced their preliminary findings. Here’s the press release and here’s the entire study, done by BSR.
1. It’s encouraging! The report is a sign that the US food industry is finally paying attention to food waste. The report is a very useful tool, as it provides a benchmark for the amounts of surplus food donated, composted and landfilled…
Image: from General Mills
Share this link: wesconnect.wesleyan.edu/news-20130702-jonathan-bloom
- Wasted Food
- Bloom: The Gleaners Go Hollywood
- Wesleyan Magazine: “Unfathomable Waste”
- Bloom ’99 on NPR Science Friday: Reduce, reuse, recycle food
- Jonathan Bloom at the Huffington Post