Feed on

Monthly Archive for May, 2013

Teaching Artists Concert

Saturday, June 8, 4-6pm–Green Street’s own seasoned Teaching Artist musicians will perform in our garden!  Come support these very talented artists and see if you might be interested in signing up for private lessons.  Featured musicians are: Elizabeth Dellinger–vocals Joseph Getter–Flute and Sax Kevin O’Neil–guitar Jocelyn Pleasant–drums

Digital Divide Data Social Enterprise Summer Internship DDD, an award-winning social enterprise operating in Cambodia, Laos and Kenya, is looking for a summer intern, based in our New York City office, reporting to our CEO and CFO.  The summer intern would work on new business planning for the organization. They would analyze some potential business […]

On Saturday, June 8, from 12-4:00pm (in conjunction with the State of CT Office of Tourism’s Open House Day), Green Street Arts Center will offer free origami demonstrations by local origami artist, Andrea Cassella, including brief hands-on origami activities for children and adults.  Families are invited to stop in to visit, and to enjoy the […]

Roslyn Carrier-Brault will be the featured artist for the June Gallery Walk. The opening reception will take place on Friday, June 7, 5-8pm. Roslyn’s new project will be presented as “Count Your Blessings: A Vision of Hope,” where she has challenged herself to reinvent her photographic style by revisiting her vast body of digital negatives […]

We are pleased to have had two of our books recently featured on KCRW’s highly regarded poetry program, Bookworm, hosted by Michael Silverblatt. Rae Armantrout was interviewed about Just Saying. Listen here. Pura López Colomé and Forrest Gander (translator) were interviewed about Watchword. Listen here.

Summer Hours

Room 116 Exley Science Center (860) 685-4000 helpdesk@wesleyan.edu June Monday-Friday: 9:00AM-3:30PM July Monday-Thursday: 9:00AM-5:00PM Friday: 9:00AM-12:00PM Noon *Closed on July 4 and July 5 August Monday-Friday: 9:00-5:00PM

That’s All, Folks

This is my last post. I know, I know, it’s days after my graduation, technically I probably shouldn’t even be posting right now, but I wanted a better sense of closure than I really provided in my last post. For the past two and a half years, this blog has been a big part of […]

Class of 2013

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN TO THE CLASS OF 2013!!

BEST WISHES AS YOU MOVE FORWARD,
DEAN BROWN

Congratulations to Wesleyan’s Class of 2013!…

Congratulations to Wesleyan’s Class of 2013! Seven-hundred-and-eighty-five students received bachelor degrees on May 26. Another 30 received MA degrees, 30 received MALS degrees and 20 received Ph.Ds. 

The Maji Safi Organization, started by Max Perel Slater ’11, “ is a disease prevention and health promotion nonprofit that operates through a community health worker model in rural Tanzania. A core belief of MSG is that preventable diseases can be avoided by taking a community-led approach through empowering women and children to promote disease prevention. […]

Next »