Feed on

Monthly Archive for April, 2013

Hello Class of 2017! I’m sure you’re tired of people telling you what to expect when you come to college. A few of you have probably never visited but are still committed (like I was!) and you’re wondering if you’ve made the right decision. Well, don’t you worry. A person From the Beyond is here […]

The deadline for re-applying for financial aid is Wednesday 05/15. Financial Aid Office Director John Gudvangen will hold drop-in hours to help students on Friday 05/03 from 2pm to 4:30pm in the Financial Aid Office, which is located on the 2nd floor of North College. Stop by the office during the above time to get […]

The deadline for re-applying for financial aid is Wednesday 05/15. Financial Aid Office Director John Gudvangen will hold drop-in hours to help students on Friday 05/03 from 2pm to 4:30pm in the Financial Aid Office, which is located on the 2nd floor of North College. Stop by the office during the above time to get […]

Students enrolled in ARST 131, Drawing I, practiced drawing-to-scale on April 30. Their instructor is Kate TenEyck, visiting assistant professor of art and art studio technician.

On April 24 at the New Haven Lawn Club, the Project to Increase Mastery of Mathematics and Science (PIMMS) at Wesleyan University was recognized for its successful, effective, and influential program in professional development for mathematics and science teachers in Connecticut. PIMMS received the Dr. Sigmund Abeles Science Advocate Award at the annual awards banquet […]

What do you think of when you see the name “Booth” on the cover of a 19th-century U.S. play?  Does the name “John Wilkes Booth” come to mind, perhaps?  I’ve been cataloging just such an item, a promptbook of the 1859 play The Octaroon. Right at the top of the cover, handwritten in ink, is […]

Just a heads up: the last chance to withdraw from a second semester course or a fourth quarter course (e.g. a Phys. Ed.) is this Wednesday at 5:00. In order to withdraw, pick up a withdrawal slip from the registrar’s window on the first floor of North College, and then have it signed by your […]

If you’re gearing up for finals and need to get the creative juices flowing, try this simple exercise, brought to you by oneword.com. Click go, and a word will appear at the top of the screen. You’ll have one minute … Continue reading

This will be the last Potluck of the semester. This is a wonderful way to share great food, and enjoy the company of other community members. At this gathering, there will also be a discussion and teaching on Middletown History–very exciting! This Potluck will be held at 200 Church Street (Wesleyan’s Social Justice dorm).

Traverse Square Tutoring Program’s Annual Carnival Sunday May 5th from 2 – 5 In the courtyard between Hi/Lo Rise and Traverse Square The carnival will include a moon bounce obstacle course, music, face-painting, pizza, bubbles, dancing and so much more!  

Next »