Feed on

Monthly Archive for December, 2012

The highly regarded, unpredictable musician continues to grow and change in her work. #THISISWHY

The highly regarded, unpredictable musician continues to grow and change in her work. #THISISWHY

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am a white American male, which puts me amongst the most privileged of people in the country. Thus, please take my opinions (which are mine and mine alone) with a heavy grain of salt. The following article is based on my immediate thoughts after seeing the movie and conversations I had with […]

Holiday Greetings

Happy holidays Wes! See you in 2013 🙂

Holiday Greetings

Holiday Greetings

One semester to go

I needed to examine images of the 1993 commencement ceremonies in response to a reference request and I encountered this shot. I like the colors and the mortarboards against the sky, and it reminded me that for this year’s seniors, there’s…

A new social site from Jonathan Schwartz ’87 provides a secure place to keep track of caring for loved ones.

A new social site from Jonathan Schwartz ’87 provides a secure place to keep track of caring for loved ones.

Over at PopMatters, Wesleyan senior Zach Schonfeld ’13 discusses rituals and routines in mass media coverage of the Newtown shooting. Merging cultural criticism with personal essay, Schonfeld argues that The Onion has been responsible for some of the most poignant and resonant reportage of recent violence, strangely enough: In the Internet age, there’s a ritualistic […]

Next »