Feed on

Monthly Archive for September, 2012

It’s Exam Season!

Even if you don’t have midterms this week, you probably do in the next two weeks, and it’s time to start preparing.  Even if it’s worked for you in the past, you shouldn’t wait until the night before (or even two days before) a midterm to start studying.  If you start getting ready by reviewing […]

It’s been a little bit more than a month since we all arrived back on campus. The leaves are changing colors, the homework and projects are piling up, and you’re probably craving anything but Usdan food right now. With orientation and Drop/Add over, I’m sure everyone’s getting back to the rhythm of school again. […]

Dear Child(ren): Hey, kids. Sorry I’ve been away so long. I was off being a futuristic cowboy. I’m a bad father. If you still haven’t read my list from before, here it is. What follows is a continuation. Barenaked Ladies – Stunt (1998) This album is a culmination of the Ladies’ work dating back to […]

If you’re interested in writing about writing, don’t forget to apply for a paid editorial position with the Wesleyan Writing Blog–the deadline is this Sunday, September 30th, at 11:59 p.m. As the Workshop blogger, you have the opportunity to help … Continue reading

It’s raining, it’s pouring! Sept. 28. 

Andras Sagi ’14 Bertrand García-Moreno Andras Sagi ‘14 speaks about his research at the Molecular Biophysics and Biological Chemistry retreat Sept. 27 at Wadsworth Mansion in Middletown. Several students presented posters during the day-long retre…

Jonathan Bloom ’99 appears on NPR Science Friday, stressing the need for a reduction in the amount of food waste, and explaining things such as the “wiggle room built in to those expiration dates.”

MONDAY NIGHT LECTURE SERIES Monday, October 1    6 p.m.     Russell House Elijah Huge Assistant Professor of Art, Wesleyan Industrialization introduced new threats to the city (electricity, speed, explosives, etc.) while also dramatically increasing the scale of historical perils (earthquake, deluge, conflagration, etc.). In turn, these threats gave rise to a field of new products, accessory […]

Mindfulness Class @Wesleyan — 5 Mondays starting on 10/22 6:30-8pm During this 5-week course, students will be introduced to various techniques of mindfulness practice and spiritual awareness, including sitting meditation and yoga.  These modalities are designed to aid in stress and anxiety reduction, and when practiced diligently, may also offer opportunities for greater self-awareness and […]

Jonathan Bloom ’99 appears on NPR Science Friday, stressing the need for a reduction in the amount of food waste, and explaining things such as the “wiggle room built in to those expiration dates.”

Next »