Feed on

Monthly Archive for March, 2012

First week back from spring break: done. Was it a doozy for anyone else? Good news for those of you who prefer poems to ads: the Poetry in Motion movement is coming back! (Gothamist) This is an intriguing article by … Continue reading

Sometimes, I think Wesleyan can read my mind. Earlier this week, I was doing frantic and last minute  calm and in far advance research for a paper when I found I couldn’t access an article from a journal through the library website. I was on th…

Sewon Kang ’14 talks about student commissioned works by Sam Long ’12 (March 31) and Ethan Cohen ’13 (April 14-23).    The Center for the Arts Creative Campus Initiative is proud to present two student commissioned works that address the ever-growing challenge of environmentalism in exciting new blends of art and science. These student commissions […]

If you have a Mac: spyware poses little threat to Mac users but there are viruses that can attack a Mac.  ESET is now available on wesfiles for mac users as well. To install Eset for a Mac: Eset is provided free of charge by Wesleyan University to all…

Malware: Malware includes all software that stops your computer from working correctly.  The real purpose of this type of software is hidden and usually dangerous.  The user does not give permission for installation and use. Malwar…

How can I tell if my computer is infected? Vanishing files Pop-ups that do not originate from a website. System crashes Programs, especially antispyware programs, appear that you have not installed. Messages appear telling you that you have a virus and…

How Do I Protect My Computer?

If you have a Mac: spyware poses little threat to Mac users but there are viruses that can attack a Mac.  Eset is now available on wesfiles for mac users as well. The rest of this guide is geared towards PC users. For instructions on how to install …

The Social Justice Leadership Conference (SJLC) is a collaborative effort which provides a space for students, student groups, community members, alumni, faculty, and staff to discuss social justice and to learn and refine leadership skills. SJLC seeks to empower its participants to create change by applying the skills and knowledge acquired during the conference. Students, […]

Wesleyan African Student Association presents: ARIYA: The African Culture Show. Please come and support ASA on April 7th, 2012 at the World Music Hall for their annual culture show. The show will feature acts like SUYA, among others and there will be a motivational guest speaker. The culture show is from 7-9 pm and tickets […]

Wesleyan African Student Association presents: ARIYA: The African Culture Show. Please come and support ASA on April 7th, 2012 at the World Music Hall for their annual culture show. The show will feature acts like SUYA, among others and there will be a motivational guest speaker. The culture show is from 7-9 pm and tickets […]

Next »