Feed on

Monthly Archive for November, 2011

Come find out how to apply for this $10,000 grant to support projects promoting peace during the summer of 2012.  All Wesleyan undergraduates are eligible to apply and interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one of the info sessions. Wednesday November 30, Noon in Usdan 108 Tuesday December 6, Noon in Usdan 108 Applications […]

Samsara is Wesleyan’s South Asian Cultural Show! Over the years, we have collected all of Wesleyan’s biggest and most talented South Asian enthusiasts to put on exciting shows about all things South Asia. This year we’re thrilled to be hosting two dance teams, one from Brown University and one from Yale University, along with different […]

Samsara is Wesleyan’s South Asian Cultural Show! Over the years, we have collected all of Wesleyan’s biggest and most talented South Asian enthusiasts to put on exciting shows about all things South Asia. This year we’re thrilled to be hosting two dance teams, one from Brown University and one from Yale University, along with different […]

11/2/2011 – Maasai Land

After a few separate drafts of this post, I have come to realize that it is much too difficult to accurately put my Maasai homestay experience into words. So instead of a narrative, I will give you a vague outline (very much like the horizon behind Lake Natron, in the 100+ degree F heat) and […]

A recent article in The Hartford Courant explains how Wesleyan Professor of Chemistry Wilbur Olin Atwater developed the respiration calorimeter in 1896, an innovation that led to his quantification of the calorie and all that followed that discovery. Atwater’s work verified, among other things, that humans are subject to the law of thermodynamics, something that […]

http://peeradvisor.blogs.wesleyan.edu/2011/11/30/desperate-times/ I think I can speak for quite a few people when I say this has been a hard semester. I myself can say quite honestly that after the October Break/Blackout fiasco, I lost a whole lot of my drive. However this is not the time to let the malaise of the semester get to […]

The Astronomy Department’s Van Vleck Observatory glows in the morning light on Nov. 30.

Desperate Times

I think I can speak for quite a few people when I say this has been a hard semester. I myself can say quite honestly that after the October Break/Blackout fiasco, I lost a whole lot of my drive. However this is not the time to let the malaise of the se…

Next »