Feed on

Monthly Archive for July, 2011

What’s a SISP?

Science is so much more than a bunch of old guys in lab coats talking about particle physics, no offense intended toward the particle physicists, and SISP majors seek to explore it. The Science in Society Program, or SISP combines science and history,…

Hey you.  Yes you.  Are you an intern?  Do you want to make a good impression…but don’t know how?  Here’s what I’ve learned so far in my internship–it’s a lot less of actual agent-type skills (remember, I’m interning at a talent agency) and more of general how-to-get-along-at-an-office-type skills.  And I was just kidding; you have […]

Study Abroad

The Office of International Studies works with students, faculty, administrators, and program providers to ensure that students participate in substantive educational programs in other countries, and that said programs form a meaningful part of a coherent whole within the major and the overall Wesleyan undergraduate degree. Click here for more information on programs and abroad […]

Center for the Arts (CFA)

The Center for the Arts (CFA) houses Wesleyan University’s arts departments and serves as a cultural center for the campus, Middletown and the region by presenting a wide variety of events and exhibitions, ranging from student and faculty works to…

Service-Learning integrates experiences outside the classroom with an academic curriculum taught within the classroom. As one form of experiential education, Service-Learning seeks to broaden students’ understanding of course content through activities which are, at the same time, of service to the community.  Through structured reflection on their service, students are able to test and deepen […]

In a post on his Forbes blog, The Impertinent Economist, Leonard Burman ’75, likens Washington’s brinksmanship on the federal debt crisis to boys leaping from a bridge into shallow waters.…

In a post on his Forbes blog, The Impertinent Economist, Leonard Burman ’75, likens Washington’s brinksmanship on the federal debt crisis to boys leaping from a bridge into shallow waters.…

Roommate Day (Part Two)

ROOMMATE(S) Everyone goes into it with that fear that there will be some huge incompatibility but in reality, the fact is that most people also try extra hard to be agreeable in their living situation when they’re new to a college. If you do end up w…

The Email Game

Greetings — Hopefully by now you have all grown accustomed to using your new wesleyan email address! If you haven’t yet, please check out Ashley’s post on the topic. Throughout the school year, expect to receive a large number of ema…

NOTE: The following post discusses the Harry Potter series in significant detail. If you have not yet read these books or seen these movies, be forewarned that this post may contain spoilers. (What is written above is otherwise known as a SPOILER ALERT.) So I’m not gonna follow through with a critical assessment of the final […]

Next »