Feed on

Monthly Archive for March, 2011

On Friday, April 15, the Sixth Annual “Celebration of Science Theses” will feature seniors and BA/MA students from the Natural Science and Mathematics division, presenting posters on their research to the Wesleyan community. Refreshments will be provided! Where: Exley Science Center lobby When: Friday, April 15, from 1:30-3:00 p.m. Please join Wesleyan students and faculty members in celebrating […]

A Benefit Concert for Japan Disaster Relief: Voices United. The Crowell Concert Hall, April 3 from 1-3 p.m. General Admission, $3, followed by a bake sale. Additional donations appreciated. 100 percent donation and profit will go to the American Red Cross. Tickets are sold at the Box Office (Usdan) and at the Crowell Concert Hall before the concert. […]

Becoming Joaquin Theater Performance by Janis Astor Del Valle April 1 | 8pm Tickets: $20 Patron; $15 Regular; $10 Member Call to reserve: 860-685-7871 Becoming Joaquin, written and performed by Astor del Valle, is a one-person play about the experience of being a transgendered Latino. Astor believes her play offers an excellent opportunity to bring […]

Wesleyan alumna Izzi Greenberg ’05, who works for NEAT (the North End Action Team), recently appeared in this short documentary about a Middletown neighborhood made by current film students:

You’ve heard of the Wesleyan Film Mafia, right?  But what about the Wesleyan Sacred Harp Mafia? Although nobody really knows the full extent of the network, Sacred Harp singers from Wesleyan seem to have spread themselves at least from Massachusetts to Georgia and from Connecticut to Ireland and France.  If you had been in Cork, […]

SILIPO ART HISTORY LECTURE SERIES
THE EMERGENCE OF WOMEN PROPHETS IN CASAMANCE (WEST AFRICAN) RELIGION
Robert Baum Associate Professor of Religion and Chair of Religious Studies University of Missouri
Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:00‐6:00 p.m.
Vanguard …

At 8 p.m. Sunday, April 3, Wesleyan’s Catholic community will offer a memorial mass in honor of Dr. Philippa M. Coughlan in Memorial Chapel. Dr. Coughlan was the director of Wesleyan’s Office of Behavioral Health for Students and died on March 17. Dr. Coughlan founded OBHS in the early 1970s, and she coordinated and directed […]

Center for the Arts Intern Lucy Strother ’11 interviews dance thesis choreographer Sarah Ashkin ’11 in anticipation of this weekend’s Spring Senior Thesis Dance Concert performances. This Thursday through Saturday, senior dance majors will showcase their choreography at the Spring Senior Thesis Dance Concert performances. I asked senior dance major Sarah Ashkin for some more […]

Center for the Arts Intern Lucy Strother ’11 interviews dance thesis choreographer Sarah Ashkin ’11 in anticipation of this weekend’s Spring Senior Thesis Dance Concert performances. This Thursday through Saturday, senior dance majors will showcase their choreography at the Spring Senior Thesis Dance Concert performances. I asked senior dance major Sarah Ashkin for some more […]

Three years ago, when a childhood friend came out as transgender to Janis Astor del Valle, the New Haven-based, award-winning writer-performer found herself at odds with herself. “Here I was, an out and proud Latina lesbian, whose own coming out process had been marked by sheer angst; yet, when my friend Derek told me he […]

Next »